Location: Cardiff (move to Pontypridd by late 2020)
Apply by: 29/11/19 at 10:00
Rail passengers across Wales and its borders can now look forward to the transformation of their rail services thanks to a £5 billion investment that will fund significant improvements to the frequency and quality of Wales and Borders services, as well as the creation of the South Wales Metro.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join us as the Communications Director to lead the organisation's internal and external communications channels and develop communications strategies that support Transport for Wales’ (TfW) ambitious plans.
In this role you’ll participate at executive level, providing expertise to TfW’s Board and sub committees as well as to Executive Team Members.
The role will have budgetary responsibility for delivery of all aspects of communications in line with internal and external strategies. Working with our partners, supply chain and governmental bodies across the wider transport sector.
You’ll lead TfW’s Communications team, being a role model for company vision, purpose and values. You’ll also work across complex communication channels to strengthen and develop the TfW brand across Wales and Borders.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a leader who can demonstrate the experiences and competencies required to implement a broad range of communications initiatives in a complex and political environment.
You’ll need to have:
• Evidence of having undertaken a leadership role and led a communications or similar function.
• In depth understanding of communications technologies and how to use them to create business advantage.
• Demonstrable experience in planning, implementing and evaluating successful media campaigns on and/or influencing critical communications issues.
• Able to demonstrate having built impactful relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders.
• Understands the transport sector and the wider socio-economic outcomes of delivering an integrated transport system for Wales.
Who we are
Transport for Wales (TfW) is the not-for-profit company driving forward the Welsh Government’s vision of a high-quality, safe, integrated, affordable and accessible transport network in Wales. Our mission is to ‘Keep Wales Moving’ by providing customer-focused service, expert advice and infrastructure investment.
Welsh Language Skills
It’d be great if you have welsh language skills, however, it’s not essential for this role.