Travelling with your bike?
We have cycle spaces on board our trains but space is limited.
On some services we ask you to reserve a cycle space when you buy your ticket (as far in advance as possible and at least 24 hours before you travel). Reservations are free - call us on 0333 3211 202 for more information and to book. Our lines are open from 0800 – 2000 Monday to Saturday and 1100 – 2000 Sunday. Calls to our number are charged at local rates from a BT phone.
On services without reservations, cycle spaces are available on a first come, first served basis.
And some of our Valleys and Cardiff local routes don’t have any space for bicycles during peak hours.
Electrically assisted pedal cycles (e-cycles or e-bikes) are also allowed on our services under the same terms as standard pedal cycles. E-scooters however are not allowed on our trains.
Where to store your bike
Look out for the symbol on the outside of the train. Get on the train, where it is displayed and put your bike in the designated fold down seat area.
Fold down seat areas are also shared by wheelchair users and parents with young children in pushchairs. Help us keep aisles and doors clear by offering fold down seats to these passengers.
- Even if you have a reservation, bikes are always carried at the discretion of train staff
- We can’t take unaccompanied bicycles on any of our trains
- Motorbikes, mopeds, motor scooters, motorised cycles, and tandem bicycles aren’t allowed on any services
- During industrial action, it is down to the discretion of the individual guard of the train as to whether you can take your bike on or not
- During planned improvement works, it is down to the discretion of the individual bus driver of the replacement bus as to whether you can take your bike on or not
Did you know?Travel saferYou can plan ahead and decide when to travel using our Capacity Checker.Check capacity