We've improved our Transport for Wales app
The TfW app has arrived, providing you with an easier way to plan your journeys and buy tickets.
The TfW app is easy to use, and provides you with helpful information including features such as live updates, on train times, making you aware of any delays, and helping you track your journey.
The TfW app allows you to store tickets within a wallet for ease of use. Our app also provides both Welsh and English language preferences.
Our new app provides this and many more improvements to make it the one-stop shop for rail travel throughout Great Britain.
We're the official train operator for Wales and the borders, and our trains run to 248 stations per day including Cardiff, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool Swansea, Bangor, and more.
- Save up to half the price on your long-distance train journeys by booking Advance tickets on our app.
- Save up to 40% with our flexible ticket Multiflex, exclusive to our app, and get 12 single journeys for the price of 10 (valid for 3 months from purchase).
- Get live updates and platform information at your fingertips to make your journey as easy as possible.
- Easy purchasing with our enhanced payment options including Apple Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal.
- Easy contactless travel with digital eTickets stored straight to your payment wallet.
- Choose your language option, as our app provides both Welsh and English language preferences.
- Book Passenger Assist.
- Find trains with space with our Capacity Checker feature, to see which trains typically have seats available and ones that don't.
- Delay Repay if your train is delayed or cancelled you can access our compensation calculator and make a claim.
We are working on future features to make your travel experience as quick and easy as possible without any booking fees:
Choose your own seat
Prefer to face forward? Prefer to have a table? Our app makes it quick and easy to book your seat with ease
Live travel updates
Our app will let you know if there have been any changes to the arrival of your train and what platform your service will be departing from, so you can have the information you need at your fingers tips when travelling.
With our options to pay including Apple Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal you have more ways to pay for your ticket
We are updating our app all of the time so look out for our new releases.
You can buy tickets for any UK train route with no booking fee.
Are you new to the TfW app?
Step 1 - Download
Go to the App Store (links below) and download our new and improved TfW app.
Step 2 - Create an account
Login and create a new account/register via the TfW app, it only takes a few minutes.
Step 3 - Start using instantly
You are ready to go, start searching for train times and prices, make your purchases and activate instantly.
We are constantly updating our App, please look out for our latest version on your app store.
Find out more about updating your TrC|TfW App.
I have the TfW Rail app can I still use this?
We retired the TfW Rail app on Tuesday 7 December to make way for our new TfW app. The TfW Rail app will still be active to allow you to use any unused and valid tickets*.
Got Multiflex tickets stored in our old app?
As with other tickets, Multiflex* tickets will continue to work until Sunday 6 March 2022 to allow you to use all of your unused tickets. Your 12 Multiflex tickets are valid for 3 months from the day you bought them.
- Use your mobile as your ticket
- Choose the mobile ticket delivery option when you buy your ticket (on the app or online) and we’ll send your ticket straight to the app.
- What train tickets can I buy?
You can buy most of our tickets on our app:
- Anytime tickets
- Advance tickets
- Single and return tickets
- Multiflex tickets
- With our app you can also get
- train times
- live arrivals and departure information
- updates on delayed or cancelled trains