Your travel companion
Save money, time and effort with the TfW app.
The TfW app is easy to use and provides helpful information such as live updates on train times, making you aware of any delays, and our Capacity Checker to help you find trains with space . The TfW app offers paperless tickets with no booking fees, and the option of delay repay if your train is delayed or cancelled.
Registering on the app will give you access to additional tools to make your journey smoother, such as favourite stations and journey notifications.
The TfW app not only provides you your tickets for your daily commute but offers a one-stop shop for rail travel throughout Great Britain.
When you buy Multiflex, you get 12 single journey tickets for the price of 10, saving you the equivalent of one complete round trip*.
There’s no ‘there and back’ requirement (unlike return tickets) and tickets can be used in either direction between your chosen origin and destination stations, at any time and in any direction.
Tickets are valid for 3 months after purchase and ready to be activated on the app whenever you need them.
*T&Cs apply. Click here for full details tfw.wales/multiflex
We’ve added the ability for you to spread payments over 3 instalments using PayPal Pay in 3 if your purchase is over £30. You can find more information on this option when you come to the payment screen.
Download the TfW app today
The TfW app can help you:
- Save up to half the price on long-distance train journeys with Advance tickets
- Get 12 single journeys for the price of 10 with the app-exclusive Multiflex ticket
- Easy contactless travel with digital eTickets stored straight to your payment wallet
- Get live service updates and platform information at your fingertips to make your journey as easy as possible
- Find trains with space with our Capacity Checker, to see which trains typically have seats available and ones that don't
- Delay Repay if your train is delayed or cancelled you can access our compensation calculator and make a claim
- Choose your language option, as our app provides both Welsh and English language preferences
Transport for Wales is the official train operator for Wales and Borders, and our trains run to 248 stations including Cardiff, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Chester, Shrewsbury, Swansea, Bangor, and more.
Are you new to the TfW app?
Step 1 - Download
Go to the App Store (links below) and download our new and improved TfW app.
Step 2 - Create an account
Login and create a new account/register via the TfW app, it only takes a few minutes.
Step 3 - Start using instantly
You are ready to go, start searching for train times and prices, make your purchases and activate instantly.
We are constantly updating our App, please look out for our latest version on your app store.
Find out more about updating your TrC|TfW App.
- Use your mobile as your ticket
- Choose the mobile ticket delivery option when you buy your ticket (on the app or online) and we’ll send your ticket straight to the app.
- What train tickets can I buy?
You can buy most of our tickets on our app:
- Anytime tickets
- Advance tickets
- Single and return tickets
- Multiflex tickets
- With our app you can also get
- train times
- live arrivals and departure information
- updates on delayed or cancelled trains