Stay safe, plan ahead and be a responsible traveller
The safety and well-being of our customers and staff continues to be our top priority.
Please follow our Travel Safer guidance when using public transport.
Stay safe - be a responsible traveller, plan ahead if you need to travel and don’t travel if you’re feeling unwell.
Avoid busy periods - try not to touch surfaces like buttons, doors or your face and try to avoid eating.
Follow our latest travel advice - wear a face covering, keep your distance and wash your hands or use hand sanitiser.
Exercise while you travel - walk or cycle for short journeys if you can.
Respect our staff and other passengers while you’re travelling.
Before you travel
- Plan your journey. Some of our services can be busy. Find trains with space our Capacity Checker.
- Work at home if you can.
- Go contactless and buy your ticket from our app. Ticket checks are in operation.
- Don’t travel if you’re feeling unwell.
During your journey
- Wear a face covering on our trains and in our station buildings unless you’re exempt
Please remember it’s the law in Wales to wear face coverings in all indoor public places and on public transport, including taxis.
- Walk or cycle on shorter journeys if you can.
- Keep any windows open to help ventilation.
- Be respectful – anti-social behaviour isn’t acceptable anywhere on our network.
- Keep your distance – Coronavirus is still in our communities, help us continue to Keep Wales Safe by keeping a respectful distance from others if you can.
Travelling in Wales
You can view the Welsh Government's latest travel guidance here.
Travelling outside Wales
Reduced bus and rail timetables
Services are running a reduced timetable
If you’re travelling by bus, please check your local bus operator’s website for more information.
You can check your local operators here
Our rail services are running on a reduced timetable. If you’re travelling by train, please use our Capacity Checker
Useful train, bus and health information links
- Find out more about Travel Safer and our promise to you
- Please be a responsible traveller, plan ahead by using our Capacity Checker if you’re travelling by train
- Check your local bus operator’s website for more information. You can find your local operator at www.traveline.cymru.
- Read our Travel Safer FAQs to find out more about what we’re doing to make sure essential journeys on public transport in Wales are as safe as possible.
- Latest healthcare information from the NHS.
- Latest healthcare information from Public Health Wales