Situated in West Wales on the Pembrokeshire Coast Path, Tenby is a charming harbour town and seaside resort that’s brimming with history. You’ll find quirky shops, charming cafes and restaurants, pristine beaches with clear blue waters, a medieval town wall and so much more. It’s perfect for a weekend getaway with the whole family.
Don’t let the car drive your day
Our trains can take you to some of the best coastal destinations in Wales.
Tenby is one of Wales’ favourite seaside towns with glorious beaches, a warm atmosphere and fine Victorian houses. For a true Tenby experience, you have to visit Tenby Harbour - a small and friendly harbour where you can enjoy a spot of fishing, take a boat trip out to the nearby Caldey Island, relax and unwind on the fantastic beach or simply sit and people watch.
Travel to Tenby with Transport for Wales
Tenby railway station is less than a 10-minute walk from the beautiful beaches and harbour. Stop putting off that family day trip and buy your tickets today.
Things to do in Tenby
- RNLI Lifeboat Station - Learn about the RNLI, its proud history of saving lives, its role in Tenby and some of the rescues the station has been involved in. At the station, you can see the lifeboats up close and take in the breathtaking sea views that surround it.
- Take a trip to the beach - Get out and explore Tenby’s pristine beaches, soak up the sun and sink your feet into the golden sands. Favourites include Castle Beach, North Beach and Harbour Beach.
- Tenby Museum and Art Gallery - Housed in the remains of Tenby Castle, Tenby Museum and Art Gallery has six spacious galleries as well as a café and gift shop. Learn about Tenby's history, grab a bite to eat and pick up and souvenir.
- The Lovespoon Workshop - Learn more about the romantic tradition of the wooden Lovespoon, which dates back hundreds of years in Welsh history. Explore the vast array of spoons on display and treat yourself or somebody special to a personalised spoon to treasure for years to come.
Learn more about what you can see and do in and around Tenby. Things to do in Tenby.
Did you know?
Kids go free on our trains, find out more.
Spend a weekend in Tenby
- Heatherton World of Activities - You’ll find archery, escape rooms, a zip wire and more, with activities for both adults and children.
- Oakwood Theme Park - Is adrenaline your thing? Rollercoasters like Megaphobia and Speed will keep you occupied all day long.
- St Catherine’s Island - One of the few islands off the Tenby coast that you can access by foot. St Catherine’s may be small but is filled with history, home to a Palmerston fort and a Second World War anti-aircraft gun placement. The island is accessible from Castle Beach when the tide is out.
We hope you enjoyed reading about just some of the things Tenby has to offer and enjoy visiting by train.