Travelling between Barry and the town of Newport is easy with Transport for Wales, and takes around 45 minutes.
Easier than driving and eliminating parking hassles, the train is a greener, cleaner option. If you're a keen cyclist, you can make use of our dedicated bike spaces, too. Find details about this service here.
- Why Choose Transport for Wales?
- Catching the train is a cleaner, greener way to travel. Friendly to the environment and kinder to your pocket, too, Transport for Wales delivers an all-round unbeatable service.
- Can I take my dog on the train?
- There's no need to leave your dog at home when catching a Transport for Wales train. You can bring a maximum of two pets with you per adult - this could be dogs, cats, ferrets and so on, as long as they are well behaved and don't disturb the other passengers. For more details, click here.
- What are the ways to buy your ticket?
- Giving our passengers several options for buying tickets and railcards, you can choose whether to buy in person or remotely. Find out more here.
- What destinations does TfW cover?
- Covering the West Midlands, North West England and of course, Wales, Transport for Wales have been running an unbeatable service across our whole network since 2016. Follow this link for a detailed network map.