Get the train at Cardiff Central and 3.5 hours later, you can disembark at Manchester Piccadilly station, ready to experience this amazing city, feeling refreshed and relaxed.
With direct trains running hourly from 4.23 am through until 8.17 pm, whether it’s for business or pleasure, you’ll travel in comfort, with plenty of space to spread out and enjoy a cup of fresh coffee, doze off with a good book, or marvel as the 144 miles of glorious landscape speeds by.
Known as England’s second city, Manchester, once a powerhouse of industry, is now a hub of culture and retail therapy, with some of the UK’s best restaurants.
One of the largest shopping centres in the UK, the intu Trafford Centre is a shopper’s paradise, including such delights as Mango, Zara and John Lewis, plus enough independent boutique stores to satisfy an eclectic mix of tastes and desires.
For sports fans, there’s the world famous Old Trafford football stadium, home of Manchester United FC. Regular tours take in the Club’s extensive trophy collection, and the museum is a must for followers of the game. If you’re interested in culture, there is much to see. With nearly 5 million exhibits, Manchester Museum is as much of an institution as the British Museum in London, and the magical Sea Life aquarium is a must-see. Furthermore, HOME houses 5 cinemas, plus theatres, and art galleries, running events and shows throughout the year. The complex also has several restaurants and cafes for pre and post show dining, or if you just fancy soaking up the atmosphere.
Manchester has something to offer everyone, and this cosmopolitan city just keeps piling on the excitement every time you visit.
We have a range of tickets available, designed to save you both money and hassle. By downloading our easily accessible app, you can have our best deals at your fingertips. Twitter can keep you updated on your journey times, or check with our live route status to ensure a trouble-free trip.
- How to download our TfW app
- The Transport for Wales app is available for free from:
- The App Store
- Google Play Store
- Download the app and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Are there discounts for over 50s?
- Club 50 offers discounts on return tickets to popular destinations. This applies across the Wales and Borders network, and further details are available here.
- What are the accessibility options for TfW trains?
- Transport for Wales is dedicated to making comfortable train travel accessible for everyone, and as a result, our trains include wheelchair spaces, ramps, address systems and fold away chairs. We also have accessible push buttons for internal and external train doors and are rolling out more changes soon. For further details, follow this link
- Can I take my dog on the train?
- Your dogs are part of your family, so why shouldn’t they enjoy train travel with you? As long as your pet is not interfering with the other passengers, you can bring dogs, cats, and other pets with you - up to a maximum of two per passenger. See here for further details.
Top ten attractions in Swansea Explore Top ten attractions in Swansea
Fun things to do in Newport this weekend Explore Fun things to do in Newport this weekend
Things to do in Cardiff City Centre Explore Things to do in Cardiff City Centre
Discover more destinationsExplore all